Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Smudge on the Floor




We have a new member to the family. His name is Smudge. He is some kind of something dog. I have been looking for a some kind of something for at least 6 weeks. I had puppy fever. This year is the first year in 3 years that I have not had a litter of puppies to take care of. So, last week I found this little critter on kijiji listed in Lynhurst!! WTH?? He was in Sturarts Draft. So I put it off on Friday to go by and take a look at him. Instead we went to a puppy mill here in the area. GROSS. Mostly what they had was Chiwackwacks! I hate a chiwackwack!! OMG we had to live beside these yappy little attitude dogs for 13 years. So, I emailed the lady again and told her that I was coming by after I took Alisha to the dentist. Alisha broke her tooth over the weekend and they fixed it for her. So, we drive over there. We pulled up infront of this house... it needed a paint job on the porches. Had cages and dog food piled up on the porches. We are walking to the side door and someone is "tossing" a doberman out the front door just yelling like a crazed person... get out of here. So, we go to the side door. This was like walking into a sceen of The Hills have Eyes We go in and smell dogs and greece. UGH. The puppy is in a cage in the carpeted kitchen floor. The kids are just standing there looking up. If you know my kids you know they are NEVER quiet. So the woman takes the puppy out of the cage and it is shaking. Mean while someone come thru the house yelling there is a green car out front. I have gotten down on the nasty carpet to pet this stinking dog. The kids are still just standing there with there hand folded looking. I said pet this puppy. they take a step and pet it and step back and stand there. By this time 4 more people (large people) have came out in the kitchen to look at us. I guess we were puurrrtttyyy. These people were dressed in bibs with no shirts. One bib hippy was laying on a bed in the room off the kitchen. He managed to sit up and look at us. the kids are still standing there looking. The looked like they were going to sing in church or something. I was telling them to pet the puppy and what do you think of the puppy? They would not speak would not move. Alisha kept whispering in my ear...let's get him. Everytime I would stand up and try to the puppy follow me he would run back in his cage. We had to get him out 3 times!!! So we get the puppy and come out to the car. After we get in the car Alisha said how come those fat people had this little puppy? I ignored her and said what should we name him. Of couse she comes up with Micheal Jackson and Hunter pipes up Bounty Hunter. We decided on Smudge. This was tramatizing to this little puppy. All he did was lay with Alisha after we got home. Of course I washed him and cut his hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment